Familiar Paths

Where people can share a poem they like or poetry they have written themselves.

Moderator: Lynn_D

BASEL
Site Administrator

Familiar Paths

Post by BASEL » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:46 pm

[font=Times New Roman][align=center]Familiar Paths[/align]

[align=center]At times I almost dream[/align]

[align=center]I, too, have spent a life the sages' way and tread once more familiar paths.[/align]

[align=center]Perchance I perished in an arrogant self reliance an age ago..[/align]

[align=center]and in that act, a prayer for one more chance went up so earnest, so... instinct[/align]

[align=center]with better light let in by death that life was blotted out not so completely...[/align]

[align=center]but scattered wrecks enough of it to remain dim memories.[/align]

[align=center]. as now... when seems once more... the goal in sight again.[/align]
[/font]

[align=center] :cl1 [/align]
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk

BASEL
Site Administrator

Post by BASEL » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 am

[font=Century Gothic][align=center]"For the first time, I feel time like a heart beat.

The seconds pumping in my breast like a reckoning.

The numerous mysteries, that once seemed so distant and unreal, threatening clarity in the presence of a truth entertained not in youth, but only in its passage.

I feel these words as if their meaning were weight lifted from me knowing that you will read them and share my burden as I have come to trust no other.

That you should know my heart, look into it, finding there the memory and experience that belong to you, that are you, is a comfort to me now as I feel the tethers loose and the prospects darken for the continuance of a journey that began not so long ago.

And which began again with a faith shaken and strengthened by your convictions.

If not for which I might never have been so strong now as I cross to face you and look at you, incomplete, hoping that you will forgive me for not making the rest of the journey with you."

Basel
[/align][/font]
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.

Draw from your past....... but don't let your past draw from you

Yama, The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was..... is lost. For none now live who remember it.

For all your Computer needs www.btlogic.co.uk